WHAT IS ICAT CERTIFICATION?
International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is situated at Manesar in Gurugram, Haryana state of India. The Rs 1100/- crore facilities have services for the homologation of vehicles and laboratories for testing noise, vibration & harshness (NVH), and passive safety. It provides ICAT certification, ICAT registration services for a power train laboratory, a fatigue laboratory, an emission laboratory with the capability of Euro-V, passive safety lab, and vehicle test tracks.
- ICAT Registration is a unique initiative started by an automotive certification agency to enhance the security in India for the certificates of Central Motor Vehicles Rule.
- ICAT Certification include Conformity of Production (COP), Type Approval Certificates (TAC), and other Certificates for engines, vehicles, and components.
- The format of the new ICAT certificate comprises new and unique nine security features included in the certificate.
How to Obtain ICAT Approval?
ICAT is India’s leading Homologation and Testing centre. ICAT is the agency notified under CMV rule number 126 for issuing“ TYPE APPROVAL CERTIFICATE (TAC)” and “CONFORMITY OF PRODUCTION (COP) Certificate” for the following:
- Retro fitment
ASC will guide you on all the technicalities and will help you with ICAT certification & registering the company by attaching all the proofs and the required documents together with the company’s details. After doing the ICAT registration, it gets qualified for ICAT approval and provides the ICAT certificate.
How does ASC help?
- We have a team of experts to assist you with ICAT registration. We will take delivery of your vehicle and make the necessary modification required for ICAT certification.
- Our experts will prepare the necessary documentation required for ICAT Approval.
- We will submit the application and the vehicle to ICAT Department.
- If required we will make the changes as recommended by ICAT approval team.
- After receiving the ICAT certificate from ICAT Department we will courier it to you.
Faq's on ICAT Certification
The various types of tests conducted by ICAT includes fuel consumption test, power test, mass emission test etc.
Automotive Solutions Portal for Industry, Research and Education, also known as ASPIRE, is a technology platform developed by the ICAT. This portal is focused on facilitating the Indian automotive industry to adopt innovation and global technological advancements. It brings various stakeholders from different avenues to a single platform.
ICAT provides certification to vehicles after testing their efficiency and effectiveness for different parameters. ICAT certification assures the government and the buyers that the vehicle is built using the best materials and is safe. This increases the trust of the consumers in the vehicles.
ICAT certification in India is applicable to all types of vehicles whether it’s 2-wheeler, 3-wheeler, 4-wheeler, trucks, trailers, electric vehicles etc. Further, ICAT provides certification for engines and components of vehicles as well.
If you are willing to obtain ICAT approval in India, then it will involve consideration of your vehicle design, duration, functioning and other parameters. Further, the vehicles need to be tested for power and emissions. Getting ICAT certification is a mark of high-quality products and encourages buyers to purchase them.