EPR AUTHORIZATION ON E-WASTE AND PLASTIC WASTE MANAGEMENT
EPR Certificate (Extended Producer’s Responsibility) has been made mandatory by the Government of India for Producer, Importer, Brand Owners & Bulk Consumers of Electronic, Plastic & its associated products, and Batteries products. Extended Producer Responsibility aims to channelize the electronic-waste, Plastic waste, and Battery waste while ensuring environmentally sound disposal/recycling of post-customer use under ‘The Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016’. EPR Registration is responsible for the “cycle back system” or set “collection centers” in which producers are held financially and physically responsible for the handling and disposal of post-consumer items.
WHAT IS EPR Authorisation?
The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) under the Government of India gives authorization for EPR. EPR Certificate is obligatory for the Indian Producer/importer/Brand owner/Bulk Consumer. The main objective of the EPR License is to ensure that the manufacturer or producers take the liability for minimizing the impact of the waste that is generated by their products. Proper guidelines have been issued by Central Pollution Control Board for collection, storage, transportation, segregation, recycling, and disposal in an environmentally sound manner.
The Applicability of EPR License on E-Waste
EPR License shall be applied to manufacturers, producers, importers, bulk consumers, dismantlers, recyclers & collection centers of electronic and electric equipment waste.
EPR for e-waste is applicable on:
- The producer of plastic or electronic and electrical equipment.
- Any manufacturers are dealing with electronic and electrical equipment.
- Any person involved in importing electronic and electrical equipment.
- Recycler, refurbishes, dealers, dismantlers, or collection centers for e-waste.
The electronic and electrical equipment includes the following:
- All the equipment of IT and communication sector.
- Consumer electronics and electrical including refrigerators, TVs, Air conditioners, and washing machines, including mercury-containing and other fluorescent lamps are enclosed under these rules.
Why do you need to obtain EPR Certificate for Plastic, Electronic & Battery products?
- The government of India has mandated EPR under rule 13 (1) rules 2016 to grant, renew or refuse Extended Producers Responsibility.
- EPR Registration helps in channelization to e-waste, plastic waste, and battery waste in an environment-friendly manner to ensure the smooth functioning of the business.
- The government of India has taken essential steps under EPR authorization for proper collection, channelization, disassembling, and disposal of plastic waste, and electronic waste and recycling back into the system.
- EPR Registration Authorization is mandatory for every manufacturer of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) for the channelization of e-waste to an authorized business.
- Central pollution control board (CPCB) guided on the EPR Registration enforcement which states “cycle back system” or set “collection centers” in which producers are held financially and physically responsible for the handling and disposal of post-consumer items.
- EPR license is controlled and monitored by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
What is the Procedure to obtain EPR License?
- ASC will help you to identify the eligibility and applicability of the establishment of a product list as given in schedule-I.
- The producer will have to make an application for seeking a grant of the EPR authorization. The application has to be made within 3 months from the date of commencement to Central Pollution Control Board if the product is being sold to more than one state.
- Within 120 days, the EPR authorization Certificate is provided.
- The producer, importer, brand owners, and the bulk consumer then obtain EPR Registration Certificate with assistance from professionals at ASC.
What are the Documents required for obtaining EPR Certificate?
- The Corporate Identification Number Certificate.
- Aadhar Card and PAN card of the authorized signatory.
- GST certificate.
- MOA of the 1st, 2nd, and last page.
- Rent Agreement.
- A soft copy of the booklet that contains product details and description.
- Declaration from Board for authorized signatory.
- In case of imports – the EC Code (Only in case of imports)
- The details of the Product specify year-wise import both regarding expected and actual.
- Original Letter Head.
- A Letterhead in PDF format.
- The number of products positioned in the Indian market.
- Companies Website URL
- Toll-Free No of the Company
- The Details of all the Collection Center
How Does ASC help in obtaining EPR Certificate?
- We ensure to obtain documentary evidence from the manufacturer of the products and submit it to the department.
- We draft an agreement on the E-waste, Plastic waste, and Battery waste management plan with the Recycling agency on your behalf.
- We assist in producing all the required formalities, and documents and ensure getting EPR Registration on time
- Provide end-to-end advisory in obtaining EPR Certificate for e-waste, Plastic-waste, & Battery waste.
- Assist in filing quarterly returns with the CPCB department
- Help in the collection & arrangement of the company’s waste as per CPCB target and deposit it to the CPCB department at a given time.